2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephanie Herd May 20, 2020

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back. 

- I am using Jira cloud

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 20.24.21.png- Sure - here is my set up (see pic)

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

And this is the Create transition of the sub-tasks workflow, right? Then it should work. But don't forget the Component/s field will only be set _after_ the sub-task is created, not on the creation screen. And it might take a few seconds for the value to appear.

Stephanie Herd May 21, 2020

Hi, this is on the create of the main workflow (where the Issue Types are Story, Bug, Epic, Sub-task), I also tried creating a separate workflow at some point with a simple create for subtasks but still it didn't work, maybe I got something wrong there? 

-- should I clone the main workflow, create the post function and update the Issue Types of this to only include Sub-tasks? 

Thanks!

Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

Hi Stephanie,

No. The parent and subtask can follow the same workflow and your configuration should work. Make sure you have published the workflow. If they follow a different workflow then make sure you place this post-function on the "Create" transition of the subtask workflow. If you still cannot fix it please raise a ticket with us here https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10

Regards,

Radhika

hi Radhika, 

Thank you! still no luck. I have published the workflow and my main workflow has the post function added to it (as shown above, I also tried moving the post function to the end but no difference). I will create a ticket. Do you know roughly how long i will have to wait? ThanksScreenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.56.02.png

it seems like the post function is running but failing to copy my field -> component when creating the sub-task. I have made the component field compulsory so want the subtask to inherit it as is painful to have to re-enter it...

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 12.22.38.png

Ok I think the problem is that the component field in the subtask is compulsory as I just tested the 'assign to reporter' post function and it successfully assigned my new sub-task to me... so perhaps I should remove the component field as compulsory from the sub-task. Any idea how to do that? I guess I need another schema for the fields? thanks

Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

Hi Stephanie,

Well if the component/s was mandatory you will not even be allowed to create the ticket without providing the component. So the chance of that being the reason is zero. 

Add a delay of a few seconds to the Copy field value from parent post-function. Save the post-function. Publish the workflow and retry. Refresh the subtask and see the results.

You can create the support request now. I will take care of it. Please enable "DEBUG" log level in JMWE logs page (https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWEC/pages/142018631/JMWE+logs#JMWElogs-Logginglevel) of your instance, create a subtask and share the issue key with us over the support request.

Regards,

Radhika

To fix my issue I removed the component field as compulsory from the subtask by having a different field schema for sub-tasks. Thank you all who try to help!

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Hi Stephanie,

are you on Jira Server or Cloud? Also, can you share the post-function configuration? From the way you described it ("Source issue is the parent, destination the sub-task option"), it doesn't look like a JMWE post-function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events