syntax to be used in workflow for customized approval/review notification

Sivaraman.Viswanathan April 28, 2021

We are working on building a workflow to send customized approval/reviewer notifications. We tried the below and none of it is working.

"@approver@" - This worked only after the page is approved
"@reviewer@" - This doesnt throw any error while saving the workflow but didnt work
"@assignee@" - This doesnt throw any error while saving the workflow but didnt work

2 answers

1 vote
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Sivaraman.Viswanathan 

To create custom notifications for Comala Document Control Cloud, please see the following documentation:

* https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDCCL/Notifications

https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDCCL/JSON+Trigger+actions#JSONTriggeractions-%22send-email%22emailaction

If you are still having problems, please contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com, it would be really helpful if you could attach your workflow JSON markup as a separate txt file so that we can quickly suggest a fix.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Sivaraman.Viswanathan May 3, 2021

Hi James,

Thanks for the details. I built the follow JSON Trigger. However, when i tried to save it in workflow builder it is throwing me "error in workflow markup". i am trying to append this json trigger in between other triggers that i have in the workflow builder.

Am i missing something? what i want to know is whether @document_group_reviewers@ is the right field name for the assignee/reviewer who is assigned for review/approval of the page. Please help

["event":"on-assign",
"conditions":[{"state":"TECH REVIEW - IN PROGRESS"}, {"initial": "true"}],
"actions":[
{"action":"send-email","recipients":["@document_user_reviewers@","@document_group_reviewers@"],"notification":{"subject":"${content.title} is In Approval State","title":"${content.title} is In Approval State","body":"Hello, ${content.link} in the ${content.space} space is In Approval State and needs to be reviewed"}]}
{"action": "set-message","type":"info","title":"This Page is Awaiting for Technical Review of ${@document_user_reviewers@},${@document_group_reviewers@}" ]

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Sivaraman.Viswanathan 

We need some more detail here, please could you open a ticket with our support team at https://support.comalatech.com

So that we can help you quickly, please attach your complete workflow JSON markup as a separate txt file.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Like Shannon S likes this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Hi Sivaraman,

Thank you for raising this on Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Can you tell me what you're using to build the workflow and manage approvals? Confluence doesn't include this feature natively, but you can find a few examples of how your site may be doing this:

Confluence Workflows Approval 

If there's a particular add-on you're using, let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

Sivaraman.Viswanathan April 30, 2021

It is Comala Document Control. i am able to get the syntax name of the assigned approver when the page approver is assigned and/or rejected by them

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Thank you for confirming that.

I see James from Comala has replied to you already. I hope that helps!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events