smart value in Slack Action "Channel or User" field?

Rosa M Fossi June 15, 2020

Hello Community,

I'm curious if the Channel or User field in the Send a Slack message action is "smart value"-able. 

During provisioning, I could start adding a SlackID user property in JIRA, but I'm not certain I'd be able to use it...    

At the core I'm trying to find a way to NOT have to create 15 "if: matches" lines for every one of my approvers (not to mention the overhead of maintaining the automation as managers leave/are hired). 

These users do not have a common channel (nor do we want them in one), so using a channel option is not a solution for us. 

See below:

channel-user-slack-action.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hi Rosa,

You can definitely use smart values for the user section. The trick is getting the Slack UIDs accessible by Automation. We've recently released a script that will sync all your Slack users with their Jira accounts to get the Slack UIDs as properties in Jira. At the bottom of the article, you can see how to use a smart value to dynamically send someone a direct message.

Hope that helps, and hope things are going well for you!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events