search duplicate value field

Julio Cezar Simao (Trimble) June 4, 2020

I need help with the following problem. How do I find a completed value for an existing ticket. Remembering that it is a customizable field. In order to duplicate customer demand.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

Hi Julio,

Can you provide some more information? What exactly are you trying to do?

Julio Cezar Simao (Trimble) June 5, 2020

My client requests support regarding a vehicle license plate and as an example below they end up opening requests for the same license plate, this generates rework for the team or unnecessary analysis, as I could make a rule to identify this field with the information in duplicate.

So I could include a tag and do another automation to inform the customer that there is already a demand in progress.

duplicate.pngIgnore the status after I had to close them in duplicate, however there were countless with the same information.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

One way with Automation For Jira might be in the screenshot below. Be sure to test this out to see if it works with a couple of test records. 

Automation Help.png

Another way might be to create a filter for all of the issues on the project.

Then create a dashboard (or use an existing one) and add the Issue Statistics gadget.

Use the Statistic Type as the field where you want to check for duplicates.

Sort by Total

Sort Direction Descending

This will show you license plates that are duplicated.

Julio Cezar Simao (Trimble) June 9, 2020

It is possible within the email to inform the list of which tickets were found in duplicate, I am still validating the rule.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2020

You could probably include a filter in the email where the field in question = the field value. 

Julio Cezar Simao (Trimble) June 12, 2020

I applied the rule and I have been following it for a while, but it practically applies to all our open tickets, eg under the ticket it does not test in the initial JQL and does not even have the "Plate Prefix" fields even so it indicated as duplication.

regra nova.png

I tried for some design conditions and other filters do not consider this field to be empty, but without success.

you can see that the HOM project is not in the initial validation.

dulpicate2.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2020

Why do you have that first if statement since it is exactly as the JQL in the Branch? I don't think that causes any harm, but it might. 

And I am not understanding what the problem is now. Can you give me exactly an example of what it is doing but shouldn't?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events