resolution is empty vs unresolved

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

Hi

Can you please let me know what is the difference between jql statements

Find issues that do not have resolution:

resolution = unresolved

and

resolution is empty

When issue is created is resolution by default unresolved with database value null.

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

There is unfortunately another possibility, that there is a resolution with the value "UNRESOLVED". I have seen this several times, normally happens when people export/import to and from jira via CSV.

And it's a bug imho that jira allow this to happen.

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2011

By Atlassian meaning field "resolution" is pseudo-boolean

it interpretes as resolved if there are any value assigned to field and as unresolved if field empty

so other synonym for your request is

resolution is NULL

0 votes
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2011

When Resolution is empty(in database) then it shows on screeen that its UNRESOLVED

Hence, as per my understanding there is no difference when querying (JQL), the resultset is same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events