"NoClassDefFoundError" exception using the atlas-version command

OmarELKHALDI June 28, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a newbie in atlassian JIRA and I would like to create my first plugin for it. While following the instructions of the tutorial, as for setting up the SDK prerequisites on a Windows System, I was in the following step (Installation of Atlassian SDK). After an installation of the SDK and restarting the computer, I used the "atlas-version" command. The result is pasted below: ======================================================================== ATLAS Version: 4.2.3 ATLAS Home: C:\Users\Omar.Khaldi\atlassian-plugin-sdk ATLAS Scripts: C:\Users\Omar.Khaldi\atlassian-plugin-sdk\bin ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Users\Omar.Khaldi\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven -------- Executing: "C:\Users\Omar.Khaldi\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven\bin\mvn.bat" --version -gs C:\Users\Omar.Khaldi\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven/conf/settin gs.xml Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classwor lds/Launcher Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) Could not find the main class: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher. Program will exit. ======================================================================== Can someone help me or give me a tip about what's going on. Here are some other information that can be useful: - I am actually using Windows 7 (64-bit) with Java 1.6. - I have already installed maven, the version is 3.0.5 Thanks in advance for your help, Omar.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2013

You need to follow the procedure here to let SDK running on Maven 3

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Developing+Plugins+with+Maven+3

Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Short summary of the procedure in the URL above: set the environment variable ATLAS_MVN to the executable of mvn three. In my Windows installation:

set ATLAS_MVN=C:\apps\apache-maven-3.0.4\bin\mvn.bat

After this setting atlas-version worked as expected.

1 vote
OmarELKHALDI July 1, 2013

Thanks for your help Yilin MO, I found the solution just before to see your answer.

Here is it if someone will have the same problem in the future: I already had another version of Maven of my computer provided by the company, I think that it's getting confused with the 2 different versions. So I deleted Maven 3 and JIRA works without any problem.

Cheers,

Omar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events