page version and final state

Libor Šmíd April 26, 2018

Hi,

I would like to ask for help with about showing page version and its final state. I use comala workflow and I need to change the version to depend on final state of the page and show this version and state on the page. For example: I have 3 states in comala workflow (Draft, Ready and Final) and I need the state Final in version 1.0, if is this state updated the next final version will be 2.0. Is it clear?

Generally I need to show, how many final version I have. So it is possible to could only count the number of final versions and show this number.

What is the best option? Is it even possible?

Can I ask for advice?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 vote
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Hi Libor,

I would suggest you check out Scroll Versions, which provides versioning within Confluence. It's integrated with our Comala Workflows app, so I think it will be the solution you're looking for. Best of luck!

Hi, I have some issue to send my answer in this field. So I had to send this answer below.

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2018

Hi Libor,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the version number in Scroll Versions to go up by "1" every time a Workflow reaches its final state. This should be possible using the two apps. Have you seen this guide put together by K15t? It may help explain how to set things up. Let me know if you have more questions! 

Libor Šmíd May 2, 2018

Hi,

Yes, you understand that right. Thank you for your advice, but I have already tried this procedure and unfortunately it does not work as I want. I tried to ask for K15t support, and they said it was not possible.

I try to ask Comalatech for support, if is there any wayto do it on their side.

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2018

Hi Libor,

One final comment from me; we have an internal feature request to list all the published versions, with the corresponding numbering. This would allow you to get your version numbering, without needing any other app except Comala Workflows. If you like, we can notify you if we move it into our roadmap - let me know! 

Libor Šmíd May 9, 2018

Hi,

It will be great. Let me know, whether and when it would be move into your roadmap.

Thank you

Have a nice day

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2018

Will do Libor! 

0 votes
Hendrik Schneider January 29, 2019

Hi @Libor Šmíd,

did you manage to solve the Problem?

@Mike Rinkis there anyway to "count" the number of times a page got into the final state and get this number? Im trying to implement a qm-system with confluence and comala workflow... but the internal version count of confluence would be confusing. For example a jump from v3 to v7 within one time publishing.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

@Hendrik Schneider some people will create a field to manually count, but unfortunately (outside of Scroll Versions) there is no automatic process. 

0 votes

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, but I tried the Scroll Version and it is not usefull for me. In the Scroll Version is necessery to define how many version do you want. Of course is possible to define version and variant, but is not possible version number will be depande on state in comala workflow.

Do you have any more advice?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events