not having inboundreferences()

JamesP May 15, 2020

So I'm filtering by IQL using this :- 

Bay in (${Bay}) and Height not having inboundReferences()

I've created rack bays as objects and all the possible heights within the bay as objects referencing the bay they are part of. Then within the piece of equipment that's going to live in the bay, i'll reference the bay and the U-height 

The above works as a filter within the equipment for the attribute "height". It will filter the height objects which are specific to the bay I'm putting the piece of equipment.  It will also know if another piece of kit is in the position I want to and not return it. 

The problem comes when I update any other field within the equipment object. I just get an error saying 

"Object:  height '1' (insight-reference) is invalid due to restrictions

I think this is because when saving it's already got an inbound reference (it's self)

So how do i change the filter to ignore the current object?  like this....

'Bay in (${Bay}) and Height not having inboundReferences() expect ignore any references this object has'

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamesP May 18, 2020

I've just changed the way I'm doing this now. I've taken inbound references out and and just using the "unique"check box. This will present some issues in that it's only unique to that specific object type - but ill have to modify my architecture to get around this. Not ideal but will still work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events