Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

not having inboundreferences()

So I'm filtering by IQL using this :- 

Bay in (${Bay}) and Height not having inboundReferences()

I've created rack bays as objects and all the possible heights within the bay as objects referencing the bay they are part of. Then within the piece of equipment that's going to live in the bay, i'll reference the bay and the U-height 

The above works as a filter within the equipment for the attribute "height". It will filter the height objects which are specific to the bay I'm putting the piece of equipment.  It will also know if another piece of kit is in the position I want to and not return it. 

The problem comes when I update any other field within the equipment object. I just get an error saying 

"Object:  height '1' (insight-reference) is invalid due to restrictions

I think this is because when saving it's already got an inbound reference (it's self)

So how do i change the filter to ignore the current object?  like this....

'Bay in (${Bay}) and Height not having inboundReferences() expect ignore any references this object has'

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I've just changed the way I'm doing this now. I've taken inbound references out and and just using the "unique"check box. This will present some issues in that it's only unique to that specific object type - but ill have to modify my architecture to get around this. Not ideal but will still work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

723 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you