marketplace login fail

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

What's going on with marketplace? I'm trying to get to the documentation for the Confluence Awesome Search plugin, but when I click on the link, I'm asked to log in.

I tried using the login details that I use for Atlassian answers but that fails. When I asked for a password reminder, I'm told that my email isn't recognised.

So I set up an account and use those details to logon but it still fails!

Then I ask for a password reminder for the new account, only to be told that my email isn't recognised! But I've just set it up FGS!

What's going wrong and why do I have to log in to anything just to read the docs for a free plugin? That's ridiculous.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.awesomesearch

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mtaylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

The documentation for that particular add-on it quite light and can be found at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CAS/. I've updated the Marketplace listing to reflect the new location.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

That's great, thanks for doing it. :)

0 votes
elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Hi Mick,

Sorry about the confusion. We've moved some of our servers around, and the one that used to host that documentation was shut down; apparently we screwed up and failed to find a new home for that content. So you got redirected over to a different server (extranet.atlassian.com) which isn't helpful at all-- that's what was giving you the login prompt, not Marketplace, but the login is a red herring because there's nothing on that site for you anyway. Anyway, we've contacted the people in charge of this plugin and are trying to get the situation fixed.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Eli,

ok, thanks for the update and for getting it sorted out. It'd be great if they could post the link here once they've sorted it out.

Cheers.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

OK, at least I'm not going mad. :)

I can't figure out why we have to login to anything to see the documentation though. Without that info the plugin is useless.

Cheers.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Hi Mick, I tried and it's happening the same for me. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's not connecting with the Atlassian ID.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events