limit the possibility of "Log Work" on a Issue depending on the status

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

I have another question / Problem.

How can I limit the possibility of booking time on a ticket depending on the status?

More specifically, we want the Issue to be able to book time only while it is in the status "in Progress" and "in Devolopment".

All others such as open or Done should not be open for boking. 

Does anyone here have any idea?

We use Tempo Planner, Structure, JMWE, Script Runner, Automation as addons.

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

You do not need any apps to do this!

If you edit the workflow, you can apply workflow-properties to each step (status).  These can override permissions (amongst other things)

Let's say you have a simple single workflow that broadly says "Open -> In progress -> Done" and it is the only one your project uses.

Set the project permission "Can log work on an issue" in the permission scheme to allow all the people who might log time (ignoring the status for now) to be able to log time on the issues.

Now edit the workflow.  You'll want to do this twice, once for "open" and once for "done" - open the step up and look for the "properties".  You will probably find that there are none to begin with, but if you add:

jira.permission.work = denied

Then you'll find no-one can log work while the issue is in that step/status.  Note you might want to look at others, such as edit work log, delete, edit own etc.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/workflow-properties-938847526.html for more and then https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status for the list of options and some good examples.

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hallo @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

sorry but this doesn't work for me. For some reason my devoloper can still book time on this Issue.

we work on this Version:

Jira Software 8.13.6

do you have any other suggestions or how exactly to configure this setup? From my point of view, I tried all possible ways.

Jurica Petricevic
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I succeeded, thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events