jira

Davoud Roshanzamir September 19, 2019

Hello

Is it possible to reuse/copy templates to multiple Jira projects?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

Hello
You can create a new project from the shared configuration if you are a Jira admin, this is the only way without plugins to use the already created schemes and settings.
It’s impossible to apply any changes to several projects at once, you cannot replace some schemes in several projects at once

To create a template for projects, and then create different projects from this template, you need to use plugins, for example, this

Davoud Roshanzamir September 21, 2019

Thank's for fast respond .

0 votes
Yosua Kusuma June 7, 2020

Yes, it can be import to your new instance

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

Yes you can.

I think everytime you create a new projects - you will get an option to reuse an already existing project setups.

Davoud Roshanzamir September 21, 2019

I don't get this option. It seems each time that i wanna create a project i have to do it manuel which is frustrating.

If there is anyting to solv this problem please inform me .

Thank you

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

What are your permissions ? Are you a JIRA Administrator ? JIRA System Administrator ? Lead in one Project in JIRA or just a normal user ?

Davoud Roshanzamir September 23, 2019

I am Jira system Administrator, but i want those project leaders can do it by theirself. they are Lead on project in JIRA

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

Are you on Atlassian Cloud for JIRA ? Or is your JIRA installed on-premise ?

I have JIRA server , it is installed on on-premise

we dont use cloud for JIRA

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

Ooops - I think I misunderstood your requirement Dav.

I would suggest looking out for some plugin.

Native JIRA features , I'm sure does not have such a functionality whereby you can use a ready made template to create new projects.

Like Davoud Roshanzamir likes this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

But like yevhen advised - Raia for Jira - Project Template Manager seems like a good plugin for project template creations and reuse.

thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events