Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with proxy to connect to atlassian-marketplace

Ucell IT January 19, 2020

Hi all... Where can i configure proxy on linux for working atlassian-marketplace via proxy.  

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Ucell IT

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I understand you are asking how to configure a proxy on Linux, but it is not clear what you are trying to do and I am not sure I understand the atlassian-marketplace part. 

Could you kindly provide more details on what you are trying you achieve? 

Cheers,
Dario

Ucell IT January 21, 2020

Hi Atlassian team

Dear Dario,

Let’s first i have try to describe the situation.

After the transition to the atlassian-marketplace manage-apps section to add another app, there is a severe hovering and an attempt to download content begins. This continues for several minutes. After an unsuccessful attempt, it let go, but when you select another section in the atlassian-marketplace, everything starts over again.
I have Internet access configured through a proxy. Here is the question, maybe here I need to configure Internet access through a proxy for atlassian-marketplace? If so, can you tell me how to do this?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Ucell IT ,

I am still not sure I have a correct understanding of what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to add a new app to the marketplace (as explained in Creating a Marketplace listing - Submit your app for approval) or to install a new app into your Jira or Confluence instance, or anything else? 

Can you please attach a screenshot?

Ucell IT January 23, 2020

Hi Dario

The problem is occurred when I am trying to install a new app into my Confluence instance. 

1.jpg2.jpg

Dario B
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2020

Thanks for the screenshots @Ucell IT , I now understand that the issue is with Confluence Server not being able to connect to the Marketplace.

Please find the instructions to configure an outbound proxy in Confluence Server in the below documentation page:

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Also, I have added the proper tags to the question so that it will be correctly classified, and I am going to move it to the Confluence section.

Cheers,
Dario

Richard Cross June 9, 2022

This used to work for us, and then stopped.  Please ca you point me to the documentation showing the latest set of URLs we should proxy, including Marketplace?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events