issue with creating sample data

Leslie Bauer January 28, 2016

We are trying to test your plugin, but unfortunately I faced with error when creating sample data:

Sample Program creation failed!

Show detailsSend error logsDownload

{"type":"ERROR","code":"conflict","description":"Creating Program and project validation has errors"}

Searching for this problem brought me to the shared created objects setting, which indeed was turned off for my account - however, the problem above still occurs. Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016
Hi,

It's still a JIRA permission issue. When you create sample data, we do the following:

1. We create a JIRA project with all sample issues pre-configured
2. We create a JQL filter that simply says project=project_mentioned_above
3. The Program is based on this filter, which in turn is based on the new project.

According to the logs, you do not have permissions to share the filter with this project, so the filter cannot access the issues and hence the error. You are using your default JIRA Permission Scheme for the plugin, can you dive in this permission scheme's settings and ensure that you are also in the jira-users group and have as much permissions as possible? Especially the Browse Project item.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events