is it possible to delete a question on answers.atlassian.com?

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

is it possible to delete a question on answers.atlassian.com?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I think it's Atlassian only. My karma is high enough to have the full range of rights granted to non-Atlassian admins, and I can't delete my own questions. I can mark them as "closed" though, for various reasons.

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

Yes this site seems to be lacking in quite a few features that would be helpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

It's quite good at questions, I don't see the need to delete though, especially as people can use it as a knowledge base. I'd like to see better search, a bit more effort on anti-spam (it's improved, but not quite there yet) and some sort of FAQ function because abotu 20% of the questions refer back to about 12 common answers...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2014

Yeah, that's about different usage patterns, and they're all valid points.

Not for me, I don't look at the bounties and I don't really have a huge interest in followers - as long as there's positive interactions and people getting their answers, I'm happy. I'm too busy deleting spam, referring people to the same answers and using google to search for stuff! But I understand people do have an interest.

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

You are also the undisputed karma king of this site as well :D

2 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Hi Samurai,

I think you can't delete questions. Maybe a super-power-admin can, but with my rights I even can't remove my own questions.

Kind regards
André

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events