include children in Insight for Confluence

Frode November 29, 2017

Hi

I've created a structure of object types in insight 5.2.6 and we're using insight for confluence 1.3.6.

The structure has the "Let the attribute be inherited by the subclasses" set so that the parent object types will show the children objects aswell..

now, I want a confluence-page to show this parent object type with its objects and its children objects.. I'm using the IQL: "objecttype="<parent objecttype>" but it just says that there is no objects..

is there another IQL I should use or does the "Insight for confluence" not support children objects.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Frode,

That is because you set it to only include object from the parent, and if the parent has no objects, no objects are returned, Could that be the case? 

What you should use instead is

objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("<parent objecttype>")

Best Regards
Alexander

Frode November 30, 2017

Thank you :) thats the query I was looking for

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Great :) The please mark this question as accepted so others can see that there is a solution.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events