in testlink 1.9.7 integrated with jira with soap interface

Nehru Saini December 25, 2013

in testlink 1.9.7 integrated with jira with soap interface. When clicked in testlink on failed test cased and then click on export to spreadsheet, it gives junk number in excel.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2013

It's not clear whether the export to Excel is in from Jira or Testlink. You haven't said which column is giving a "junk number" or where the data for it is coming from.

Could you explain in more detail?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2013

Again, where are you exporting this from?

Nehru Saini December 25, 2013

Thanks Nic for response,

There is a column:

Bugs (ID : Summary)

In this column, I am getting junk value in excel which I get after clicking on export data as spreadsheet .

Nehru Saini December 26, 2013

I am exporting this from testlink.

Regards,

~Nehru

Please let me know

This is the setting I have done for jira integration in testlink.

Jira Soap interface

<issuetracker>

<username>nehru</username>

<password>xxxxxxxx</password>

<uriview>https://jira.test.com/browse/</uriview>

<uriwsdl>https://jira.test.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl</uriwsdl>

<uribase>https://jira.test.com</uribase>

<uricreate>https://jira.test.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa</uricreate>

<projectkey>TEST</projectkey>

</issuetracker>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2013

Give us a chance - there are things like sleep, family and paid work to do!

The integration you've given is to enable Testlink to create Jira issues, but the data you are extracting is from Testlink, so it's irrelevant. You need to work out what Testlink is doing - where the junk number comes from, how Testlink generates it and why.

Jira may well be the source of the number, but until you know where Testlink is getting the number from (which is something you've configured in Testlink), it's not really worth asking about Jira.

What is the actual field that Testlink is showing a random number in?

Can I you response on it please.

Regards,

~Nehru

in Bugs (ID: Summary)

I am getting following:

129584:QA - Store Locator maps and Direction - Error message for invalid start address is displaying as pop-up and wording of error message are not correct.

whereas it should be:

TEST-1751:[Indefinite Hold]:QA - Store Locator maps and Direction - Error message for invalid start address is displaying as pop-up and wording of error message are not correct.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2013

Right, so where is Testlink getting that 129584 from? How have you configured it ot acquire that field from Jira?

I can see it's supposed to be for getting the ID field and I suspect I know what it's actually doing, but what it's doing is done in Testlink. The "integration" you've given is for creating issues, nothing to do with getting data back from Jira.

no idea where it is getting it from. But when I create test cases and I just add bug from there, and even when I click on link it opens that jira link correctly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2013

So it's linking correctly somehow, but Testlink is configured to output a number instead of a useful string.

(For what it's worth, I *suspect* the number you're seeing is the Jira issue ID in the database, rather than the issue Key/status combination you want)

This is stuff configured in Testlink, which I don't know well enough to help you. It really does feel like the integration is correct and working ok, but Testlink is not giving you the right data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events