how to set automation rules based on request group.

Helpdesk Portal April 22, 2020

How to set automation rules(load balance) on jira service desk classic project based on request group.

for example: I create group India, China and Africa then I create several issues on that group. Now if a customer raise a request selecting group India than the issue assign to agent which we set it on that group.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

Hi @Helpdesk Portal  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is there only one agent for each group? If so, you can do that with Automation for Jira by doing an Edit issue rule that updates the Assignee field after the issue is created. 

no, there are multiple agent for each group.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

So how will you decide which agent to assign to the issue for that group?

I want to use load balance rule to assign the ticket based on request group. But don't know to select group condition on Project automation.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 5.16.06 PM.png

basically I want to know to set load balance automation rule based on group. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

I would probably populate the Component field with the group name when the record is created.

Then you can use the Component field in a Condition for the Rule. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events