please help asap

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Nathan Currently it's not feasible to remove comma from a number field. Atlassian is gathering user interest to fix this issue. Please vote on this issue if this is something that you would like to be able to choose within Jira Cloud :-  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75109

Alternate solution is that, you can use Single Line text field and apply validator that allows only numbers in a field 

OR

Changing your Language settings found on https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences to a value such as Russian (Русский) can allow you to view number fields without a comma/period separator. There also might be other languages that behave in this way.

Thanks

V.Y

Nathan January 5, 2022

is there a way to change the field type?

if i would remove the number field i would have to change all of my request types manually and i have maybe 50

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

@Nathan  It's not possible to change the field type.

For existing issues in which nunber field is not EMPTY, import these issues in CSV.  

Then ask JIRA Admins to add Single line Text field in JIRA project  >>  in CSV add a column, name should be Text field name which you added in project >> Copy data from number field to Text field >>  now import the CSV data to update existing issues using External system import ( requires JIRA Admin permission). >> All existing issues get updated >> Remove the number field. 

OR If you have Script runner plugin, you can do this easily usng built in script option, copy custom field value.  

Thanks

V.Y

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events