how to change default work log description

RolfG November 27, 2013

In Tempo, if I leave the description of a work log empty, tempo adds the default-description "Working on Issue {$key}". That's fine. How do i change it to either "Working on Issue {$key}: {$issue-title}" or at least add a hyperlink to the issue?

I don't want to use the search issues feature to find out about the issues that has been worked on.

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Ha, I got it now. The default text can not be changed, but you can create a feature request in our Tempo Timesheets Project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT). Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues and contribute by adding comments.

0 votes
RolfG November 28, 2013

thanks, your second answer provided all the answers :-)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Hi Rolf,

I am not quite sure where you want to edit the worklog description, in any case the worklog is connected to the issue it was logged on and you should not need a hyperlink to it.

If you are looking at the worklog in the timesheet, you can use the inline editing to change the description. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Timesheet+In-line+Editing) for more information. There is also a summary of the permissions you need to be able to do this.

You can also change the worklog description in the Issue view. You can access your own worklogs in the Tempo area in this view and edit the description (the same permissions as above are needed).

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Susanne Götz (Tempo)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events