how to add tabs in confluence page

trishla sutaria June 24, 2016

Hi 

I am trying to add horizontal tabs within confluence page but am unable to find a macro that can help with that. Any suggestions? 

5 answers

5 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2016

Have a look in the marketplace for Navitabs and Composition - both of those add-ons can do it.

trishla sutaria June 24, 2016

They are both paid tools. Is there anything that I can use without paying? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2016

Not that I'm aware of.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

I know this is an old post, but for anyone else landing here, there is now a tab option in Content Formatting Macros for Confluence for both Server/DC and Cloud!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

I'm not sure why people don't know about it, but the Spectrum Formatting Macros add-on has tabs and is free.

trishla sutaria June 27, 2016

Thanks a lot. I am going to try this today. 

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

The Spectrum Formatting Macros app has since changed to a paid model, but the HTML Elements also supports Tabs and is still free.

Like # people like this
Mikhail Vettchinov July 9, 2020

"Spectrum"  is free for first 3 months only (evaluation period)

Mikhail Vettchinov July 9, 2020

"HTML Tabs" can be installed on Server installation, its not for Cloud. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Corwith October 7, 2019

Adaptavista has a paid tabs macro. The rendering in the current browsers I have access to is not as a tab, but more of an indicator on a horizontal rule. The package includes a Horizontal Navigation Bar which looks identical (except it doesn't have the horizontal/vertical config), maybe there is some issue in my env.

https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/Tabs 

Note that the TOC macro doesn't seem to work across the tab "pages" (use TOC Zone within the Tabs Page macro, works fine) and I'm not real thrilled with how the menu wraps when you shrink your browser window. Otherwise it works pretty well, keeps all the content on a single page and it's quick to move between the sections vs. opening new pages which can be slower.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2016

You can "cheat" with a "dummy tab" mechanism ...

you can consider a tab is just another page

so create a page with a title like "header tabs"  set Restrictions so that everyone can view but only you can edit

Insert an <<Excerpt>> macro

in the <<Excerpt>> place a one-line table with a cell for each "tab"

Now create a page for each "tab"

at the top of each page use the <<Excerpt Include>> macro

Go back to your "header tabs" page

now make the text in each cell a link to the respective pages

.... that is what I have done here ...https://ideology.atlassian.net/wiki/x/AgBv

a bit of fiddling ... but it works like a tab and it is free to do smile

Hsu Yao Chang June 26, 2016

Dear Rodney, 

Is there guidance as you described above, because I try but it still failed? Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2016

Rodney's trick does get you quite close.  I think the question here is what you've done that is not working (as this guide does work for me)

trishla sutaria June 27, 2016

Great idea but i am kind of stuck at the 4th step 

when I create a new page and select <<Excerpt include>> macro it takes me to point it to Page containing the excerpt. I am unable to find that page even though the header page is set to view by all. Any suggestions? 

image2016-6-24 17:2:5.png

Hsu Yao Chang June 27, 2016

Dear Support Team, 

We put it in the page content as shown as below: it is not like https://ideology.atlassian.net/wiki/x/AgBv the result. Please kindly help us about the question, thank you.

tab applicaton.jpg

Paul Wright April 15, 2020

Like some of you, I've struggled to get this to work.  Almost if I'm missing a step.

In the end, I've just inserted a link to the page (url) and this has suited my requirement.

You can of course create a table and add URLs (left to right as a view) as Rodney demonstrated.

It would be great if this thread could be updated - nothing for 4 years, and a useful feature without having to pay for yet another add on.

It would be great if you could elaborate.

Thank you for the idea Rodney, 

Like Marco De Santis likes this
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2020

I believe there are plugins ... but that is just rubbing salt into the wound of a feature you'd think should be there!!

I don't know if there is a enhancement topic officially lodged ?

Like # people like this
Paul Wright April 15, 2020

Absolutely.  It does frustrate me that most answers to questions start with; "There's a plug in for that...".

If I have a £ for each time I'd heard that......well!

I used URL links in a table eventually, and this worked well, so you inspired me to time a solution that worked for my scenario, so thanks again.

Regards

Paul

Like Marco De Santis likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events