how I can add as prefix the issue type to a Jira issue type ?

Consulente Atlassian February 13, 2020

I would like when I create an issue, the summary to be automatically updated in this way-;

summary = issuetye + summary

what I can do it ?

2 answers

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

Hello @Consulente Atlassian 

In automation, choose the create issue trigger, then "Edit issue" and put this following option

Project automation - Jira.png

Hope this helps

0 votes
Mohd Hassan November 22, 2021

Hello @Mohamed Benziane 

Thanks for the answer, 
I have a follow up question:

I want to add prefix on the summary, team wise

Egs: If I select "QA" while creating any issue type then it should add 'QA' as prefix to all the issue types where QA has been selected under Teams section.

Similarly, for 'UX' , 'DevOps' etc.

I want Summary to be updated with initials of the teams ( which is creating any issue type)

Can you please suggest how can we do that?

abelalia87
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2021

Hi Mohd,

Same as above, from your Project Settings, Automation, create a new rule/or edit your exising rule,

• choose trigger as "Issue Created"
  • add "New Action" edit issue
  • edit Summary field: 
    {{issue.Teams}} - {{issue.Summary}}

Note: If your custom field is named "My Team Custom Field Name", use {{issue.My Team Custom Field Name}} - {{issue.Summary}}

You can read more about Jira Automation smart values. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

automation.png

Hope that helps.

Like Mohd Hassan likes this
Mohd Hassan November 24, 2021

Thank you for the prompt answer @abelalia87  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events