greenhopper - structure sync

Lauren Daniels September 22, 2013

I am having an issue getting my structure board to update when i have set a greenhopper to structure sync on a structure board. Similar to the issue below. Please help.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/65474/greenhopper-synchronization

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauren Daniels September 26, 2013

I figured it out. I added new projects and eventhough I selected all projects the new ones were not listed, so I just had to re-create the sync with all the projects again. I will just make sure I am aware when I add new projects.

Thanks

0 votes
Lauren Daniels September 26, 2013

The structure already contained all the same issues as the agile board. I tried disable and then resync and enable. It's still not working. Is there some setting i need to select?

0 votes
Lauren Daniels September 25, 2013
  • We are using...
    • JIRA - 5.2.11
    • Greenhopper - 6.3.2
    • Structure -2.4.3
  • My Actions
    • Created a Structure for a set of issues
    • Created a scrum Agile board for the same set of issues
    • set up a sync on the structure board
      • Greenhopper --> Structure
    • Sync'ed
  • The expected result
    • The Structure Board would change to match the order on my agile board
  • The observed result
    • No change to the structure

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Lauren

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Hello Lauren, thanks for the details. Question: does the structure contain any issues, or is it empty? The synchronizer won't add issues there in this setup.

I would suggest:

1. Disable the synchronizer.
  2. Run the same query you used to configure the Agile board, open that query in structure (using Views | Structure from the Issue Navigator - or you can use Search button on the Structure Board), and add all issues to structure.
  3. Resync & enable the synchronizer to rearrange the issues and place stories under epics.

Hope this helps!
Igor

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Lauren, I would love to help but more details are needed.

Please describe:

• What are the versions of JIRA, GreenHopper (JIRA Agile), Structure?
  • What are your actions?
  • What is the expected result?
  • What is the observed result?

A screenshot of the synchronizer configuration, agile board and structure board with relevant issues is also a great help.

Feel free to file an issue here: https://jira.almworks.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10060&issuetype=7

Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events