graphviz text showing up as squares

Michael Park February 4, 2014

I'm creating a graph database diagram using the graphviz plugin but the text in the description shows up as squares. How do I fix? Is it an encoding issue? I'm using the png option with graphviz and not the svg option. SVG option does show text, but it has other issues.

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Park February 5, 2014

Yes, one box per character, no special env settings, this is on our coporate jira/confluence install.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Can you post something that demostrates this either here or open an issue.

Michael Park February 4, 2014

sure, try this.

1. create new graph viz component

2. see default sample imge with boxes for text

graph viz

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Weird. One box per character I assume. Do you get similar if you do flowchart macro with A -> B ? Any special language environment settings or similar? Is it the same using a different browser?

Michael Park February 5, 2014

yes, one box per charcter, no special env settings that I know of, corporate intranet install of jira/confluence. same on all browsers.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2014

I would guess your graphviz installation is having some font problems. Get an admin to run a test on your installation's server (no Confluence involvement) with png output and see if the problem occurs. This is a link to a similar problem.

linuxarpan March 31, 2018

i am also having the same issue

rhrni4 January 2, 2020
Installing fonts solve issue for me.

alpine linux:

apk add --update --no-cache ttf-freefont

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events