facing an issue when using tfs4jira synchronizer

Alwaleed October 27, 2021

Dears

After I install tfs4jira and run it locally , I facing an issue to add "Custom Fields" 

Can you please provide me a guide line how to add the "Custom fields" in TFS4Jira

2 answers

0 votes
Paweł Mazur October 27, 2021

Hi,

Those custom fields are required by Synchronizer to store connections between issues and workitems. We have a guide on how to add them here:

Adding TFS ID Custom Field in JIRA 

The way they are used is described here:

How linking between Issues in Jira and Workitems in ADO are held in On-Premise Synchronizer. 

You can also double-check if the custom field is on proper screens by using this KB article:
How to check if Jira custom field used for storing linked workitem ID is on proper screens. 

Please tell us if this helps :)
Cheers

Spartez Support

0 votes
Alwaleed October 27, 2021

version jira : (v8.14.1)

version tfs4jira :  7.10.26

Roman Lutsiv [Appfire] October 27, 2021

Hi @Alwaleed , 

We'll eagerly help you, but we'll need a bit more details about your setup / configuration. Could you please contact us (Spartez Software, an Appfire company) through our Support portal: Technical issues and usability questions - Support - we will get in touch with you after 09:00 a.m. CET.

A quick guess from me - could you please check Permissions needed by TFS4JIRA Synchronizer  page to make sure the user configured for the synchronization job has enough permissions to read/update custom fields in both systems?

Looking forward to hear back from you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events