external-custom-fields-for-jira oauth 2 "client credentials" doesnt work

Thomas Nickel August 5, 2021

Hi,

Iam using jira cloud and the plugin "external-custom-fields-for-jira" with oauth2 with grant_type "client credentials" there I get following response when i try to press authenticate button.

Could not refresh accessToken. Server responded status Forbidden - <classified text>

OAUTH 2 works just fine with postman like in this tutorial https://www.javainuse.com/spring/springboot-oauth2-client-grant

Why do not get an authorizated response?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote

After opening the port, I now get this response:

Could not refresh accessToken. Server responded status Unauthorized - {"timestamp":"2021-08-05T12:48:25.868+0000","status":401,"error":"Unauthorized","message":"Unauthorized","path":"/oauth/token"}
0 votes
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Hi Thomas,

I am Thomas, the product manager of External Data for Jira Fields. The error that you experience looks like a closed port on our side. This is something we can probably fix. Would you be so kind and create a support ticket? That way it is easier to communicate the progress.

Thank you,

Thomas

done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events