error message when trying to upload testcafe execution JSON output file to Xray for Jira (Cloud)

Kathryn Bowles June 14, 2021

We are doing automation testing in TestCafe, JSON file has been provided by the test team, error message received stating "File in wrong format" when trying to upload, does anyone have experience of uploading execution results from testCafe to Xray for Jira, are there any other methods that can be used?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul M Edwards June 21, 2021

It could be that the JSON file provided was created for the Xray Server version rather than Xray Cloud version.

I'm presently building a TestCafe Xray Cloud JSON reporter plugin and have found that the Cloud JSON format differs from the Server JSON format.

Paul M Edwards June 21, 2021

Also, the JSON file has to be uploaded using the API, not imported through the Jira Xray client UI.

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Import+Execution+Results+-+REST+v2

Kathryn Bowles June 25, 2021

can you please advise if this plug in needs to be installed at testcafe side or Xray/Jira?  I am assuming this is at testcafe side which leads me to the next question, is this compatible with the free version of Testcafe or would this only work with testcafe studio. Thanks in advance for your help 

Like Paul M Edwards likes this
Paul M Edwards June 25, 2021

Hello Kathryn,

Yes, it needs to be added to the TestCafe project as a dependency, then configured to be used. It can be configured to automatically upload the JSON report to your Xray Cloud instance.

I just published it to NPM, so you can start using it easily immediately:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/testcafe-reporter-xray-cloud-json

It is certainly compatible with the free version of TestCafe as that's what I'm using! :)

Paul

Like Kathryn Bowles likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events