embedding a link to the ticket in an automated email

stephen_abiero January 27, 2021

How can I embed a link to the ticket in an automated email which is sent upon a trigger

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi Stephen,

You can use this to show the summary of the issue and it will be a hyperlink. 

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Thank you, @John Funk , I didn't know about this possibility.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

:-)   I use that one A LOT!

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Hi @stephen_abiero ,

please, which functionality / application is used for creating email? Is it OOB functionality, automation for Jira, something else? Thank you!

stephen_abiero January 28, 2021

@Hana Kučerová its actually automation for jira

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Hi @stephen_abiero ,

thank you.

Last time, I needed this thing, I used something like this in the email content:

<a href="https://www.myjira.com/browse/{{issue.key}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

It is not very nice, but I didn't find any smart value or variable for Jira URL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events