eazyBI sprint burndown chart story points discrepancies

Clifford Lee September 24, 2018

Hi,

Can someone help me understand the following:

1. In the eazyBI report, the predicted path in the sprint burndown report does not align with the committed story points in the beginning of the sprint, but in the JIRA report it does.  Can you help me understand why it doesn’t align as expectedly should?
  2. In the eazyBI report below, the story point remaining (purple line) drops rapidly down to 0 on the very last day, why is that?  The report is exported from the dashboard sample.  This occurs for every single sprint as well.

I've attached the original JIRA report and the eazyBI sprint burndown report.  Would appreciate some urgent help.  Many thanks.

sprint burndown eazyBI.jpgsprint burndown jira.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Clifford Lee

The main difference between the two reports is the definition of story points completed vs story points resolved.

In your case, when you started the sprint, there could have been story points already with the status "resolved".  Or some where resolved on the same date when the spring began.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events