eazyBI - display growth of number of Assignees (Jira Users) over time?

Sjoquist_ Carl September 24, 2022

My attempt to show change in Assignee volume (actually number of Jira users) in our system over time has failed, I'd like to use this metric to build a measure "issues resolved normalized by number of Assignees", to give us a credible metric for holistic team productivity.   

Is this possible to show change in number of Jira users over time?  Or are there other ideas for a this type of productivity metric?

Thanks!

Carl

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Hi @Sjoquist_ Carl

eazyBI data model is based on Jira issues and data describing those issues (issue fields, custom fields, and worklogs). It means that you can see information on those people (Jira users) that are assigned or reported or logged hours on issues imported in the eazyBI account.

If you would like to see the number of active Assignee users in each period, you may import the start and departure dates for each user with additional data import and then calculate how many active users are in each period. More details on addition data import described in the documentation: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/additional-data-import-into-jira-issues-cube

You might want to watch this video (minutes 13 to 17 ) where a similar use case is represented (minutes 13 to 17, but I would recommend watching also the beginning to understand the concept) https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/learn-more/training-videos/training-videos-on-specific-topics#Trainingvideosonspecifictopics-Power-UpReportsWithAdditionalDataImport.

Best,

Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events