eazyBI - a "subset" of dimension members

Shyam Suyambu January 11, 2019

With reference to an old discussion here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/EazyBI-How-to-filter-so-I-only-see-a-subset-of-a-dimension/qaq-p/15038

I've been using this technique for a while now. In my latest report for a different purpose, I have run into a puzzling snag with this. I'm basically trying to aggregate certain transitions and summing the "days in transition status" measure. I'm trying to sum up all the transitions that end with "Test Ready". Here is what I have used:

Aggregate({
Generate(Filter(NonEmptyCrossJoin(
Descendants([Transition].CurrentMember, [Transition].[Transition]),
[Measures].DefaultMember),
trim([Transition].CurrentMember.Name) MATCHES '.*Test Ready$'),
[Transition].[Transition].CurrentMember )
})

My input "data set" is:

Open => Test Ready
In Progress => Test Ready
Reopened => Test Ready
Resolved => Test Ready
In Review => Test Ready
Refining => Test Ready
Integration Test Prep => Test Ready
Test Ready => Test Ready
Testing => Test Ready
Ready For Release => Test Ready
Ready => Test Ready
Committed => Test Ready

The MDX logic is picking up 9 of the above, except for these three:

Resolved => Test Ready
Refining => Test Ready
Ready For Release => Test Ready

Why would the pattern match everything else but these three? I've almost gone insane trying to figure out what's wrong. And I am sure it's something pretty silly that I have missed. Can someone help please?

2 answers

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Hi,

The formula looks correct, indeed. A bit more compact version should do the same:

Aggregate({
Filter([Transition].[Transition].Members,
trim([Transition].CurrentMember.Name) MATCHES '.*Test Ready$')
})

Note that eazyBI creates only those members in the dimension having any corresponding measures. In other words, eazyBI create transitions if those are present in the imported data set.

If that does not explain the problem, please, put a support ticket. The report definition will be needed.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Shyam Suyambu

It looks like it's alright. 

I would just type in all the transitions if you are still having issues.  Not ideal, but it will work. 

Regards,

Fabian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events