eazyBI - Return Children of an epic

joe weiss February 23, 2021

First post here folks. I have lots of JQL experience, cutting my teeth with eazyBi…

This is what I have. The below is returning issues with a ‘work type classification’ value of run the engine
[Work Type Classification].[Run the Engine]

What do I need to do so that I can get the child issues of any issue with the above value?

If there is an epic with ‘run the engine’ as the value, I need to return all the child stories.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

Hi Joe,

When you use this [Work Type Classification] dimensions as a Page filter, it is applied to any issue (regardless of issue type) and, consequently, only issues having this value are included in the report.

I suggest importing this custom field Work Type Classification with advanced setting update_from_issue_key allowing to pass down the field value from parent to all children and grandchildren. A limitation: it works only for a single select field. Advanced settings for custom fields 

While you may apply those settings directly to the Work Type Classification field, I would suggest creating a new JavaScript custom field (let's call it Work Type Classification Inherited), where you copy the field value and then use it for passing down. Import it as a dimension. You may read the following eazyBi community thread with an example: https://community.eazybi.com/t/calculating-total-user-stories-based-on-epics-fields/4735/2 

Then, in the report, filter by this Work Type Classification Inherited dimension to find epics and all their children having the needed Work Type Classification value.

Best,

Ilze / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events