eazyBI - Average cycle time

Karthiga Sethuraj February 13, 2020

Hello EazyBI users/Support team,

I need to calculate the average cycle time taken to complete an issue considering only a specific set of statuses in my JIRA workflow for a given time period.

I followed the instructions given in the below blog.

https://mraddon.blog/2019/02/11/how-to-calculate-lead-time-or-real-average-resolution-days-with-eazybi-and-jira-part-ii

Step 1: I created a calculated member "Unresolved Status" in the Transition status dimension with the formula as given below to consider only a specific set of statuses to calculate the average cycle time.

[Transition Status].[Unresolved Status] =
Aggregate({
[Transition status].[New],
[Transition status].[In Squad Review],
[Transition status].[Ready for grooming],
[Transition status].[Grooming],
[Transition status].[Groomed],
[Transition status].[Ready for Development],
[Transition status].[In development],
[Transition status].[Ready for Peer Review],
[Transition status].[In Peer Review],
[Transition status].[Ready for testing],
[Transition status].[In Testing],
[Transition status].[Ready for Acceptance],
[Transition status].[In Acceptance],
[Transition status].[Resolved],
[Transition status].[Merged]
})

Step 2: Then I created a calculated measure “Average Cycle Time” as given below to consider only the resolved issues in the given time period. (following the steps given in this blog post)

[Measures].[Average Cycle Time] =
Sum(
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
DateInPeriod([Issue].CurrentMember.get(“Resolved at”), [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
[Measures].[Issues resolved] > 0),
([Measures].[Workdays in transition status],
[Transition status].[Unresolved status],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)
) / [Measures].[Issues resolved]

But after I activate these user defined measure “Average Cycle Time” and member “Unresolved Status” I get an empty column for Average Cycle Time, though I get right data for Issues resolved column. And there are values in the workdays in transition status.

I have Issues, Time and Transition Status (with All Transition Statuses member) selected on the Rows.

Could someone please help debug the issue here and let me know what I am missing. Appreciate your help and response.

1 answer

0 votes
Karthiga Sethuraj February 13, 2020

Alright, I figured out a silly mistake in the calculated measure, “Resolved” is missing an “at”. It works now.

Kannan Sundaram June 27, 2020

Hi Sethu, in addittion to that - there should not be any space between Resolved and at. It should be as ::"Resolvedat". Also the quotes"". Thanks!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events