does setting security level from script runner fail without error?

Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2015

Here is my groovy code - it works perfectly, except for it fails to set the security level and no error is generated.

I can manually (using the JIRA UI) set the security level, as an admin. I have enabled the test user I've been creating issues with ('vendor2') for set security level, and they can do it from the UI.  

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFactory
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkTypeManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.security.IssueSecurityLevel
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.security.IssueSecuritySchemeManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkType
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.manager.IssueTypeSchemeManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.security.IssueSecurityLevelManager
import com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils
import com.atlassian.jira.util.ImportUtils
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext
import com.atlassian.jira.project.Project
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.security.IssueSecurityLevelScheme
import org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue
import org.apache.log4j.Category
def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction")
log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.TRACE)

Issue issue = issue
issueKey = issue.getKey()
log.debug "DBG: " + issueKey
issueMgr = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueManager.class)
projectMgr = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(ProjectManager.class)
linkManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueLinkManager.class)
linkTypeManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueLinkTypeManager.class)
issueSecuritySchemeManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueSecuritySchemeManager.class)
issueSecurityLevelManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueSecurityLevelManager.class)
Project srcProject = issue.getProjectObject()
String currentUser = ((WorkflowContext) transientVars.get("context")).getCaller();
User currentUserObj = UserUtils.getUser(currentUser);
def wasIndexing = ImportUtils.indexIssues
ImportUtils.indexIssues = true
issueFactory = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueFactory);
newissue = issueFactory.getIssue()
newissue.setSummary (issue.summary)
newissue.setProjectObject (projectMgr.getProjectObj(srcProject.id))
def newIssueType = ComponentAccessor.issueTypeSchemeManager.getIssueTypesForProject(issue.projectObject).find{it.name=="Quote"}
newissue.setIssueTypeObject (newIssueType)
newissue.description = issue.description
newissue.reporter = issue.getReporter()
newissue.assignee = currentUserObj
params = ["issue":newissue]
subTask = issueMgr.createIssueObject(currentUserObj, params)
log.debug "DBG: " + subTask.getKey()

linkMgr = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueLinkManager)
def sequence = 0
for (IssueLink link in linkMgr.getInwardLinks(issue.id)) {
if ("Quotes" == link.issueLinkType.name) {
sequence++;
}
}

Collection<IssueSecurityLevel> issueSecurityLevels = issueSecurityLevelManager.getAllIssueSecurityLevels()
def secLevel = currentUserObj.getName() + "_only"
log.debug "DBG: secLevel=" + secLevel
String levelID=null;
for (IssueSecurityLevel issueSecurityLevel: issueSecurityLevels) {
String name=issueSecurityLevel.getName();
log.debug "DBG: " + name;
if(name.equals(secLevel)){
log.debug "DBG: " + issueSecurityLevel.id;
newissue.setSecurityLevelId(issueSecurityLevel.id)
break;
}
}
Collection<IssueLinkType> issueLinkTypes = linkTypeManager.getIssueLinkTypes()
String linkID=null;
for (IssueLinkType issueLinkType : issueLinkTypes) {
String name=issueLinkType.getName();
if(name.equals("Quotes")){
linkID=issueLinkType.getId();
break;
}
}
linkManager.createIssueLink(newissue.id, issue.id, Long.parseLong(linkID) , sequence, currentUserObj);
ImportUtils.indexIssues = wasIndexing

Any reason anyone can see why the security level won't be applied? And no error?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2015

Figured it out, if this spammed someone - my apologies.  The security level needs to be included in the params of the object passed to the issueMgr's method createIssueObject.  So I re-ordered the operations to set the security level on the newissue object before passing newissue to the create method.

Thanks again for any cycles spent on this.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2015

I've not fully understood the code here, but it looks like you are trying to set a security level on a sub-task?  Which you can't do, because sub-tasks always take their parent security level (even if you botch it into the database, the code ignores you)

Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2015

Thanks for chiming in @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - I'm not trying to create a subtask, just a linked issue... that section of code works even like this: params = ["issue":newissue] foobar = issueMgr.createIssueObject(currentUserObj, params) log.debug "DBG: " + foobar.getKey() But maybe you're onto something. Thanks again!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2015

Ah, ok. Does the user executing the code have the rights to set security levels?

Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Interestingly, no. Since the parameters of the object passed into the create method can include a security level (see my answer below) - the user invoking the script need not have set-security-level privs in order for the created issue to have a security level. But create issue privs have to exist for this to work. What we have is a way for internal people to select from a list of groups of external people (vendors) and give them access to an 'RFQ' issue type. The selected vendors can each create Quote issue types that exclusively visible to them (and of course all the internal people). The vendors can see only their Quotes which are linked issues on the RFQ which they can see. We allow multiple vendors access to the RFQ, but they can't edit or comment on it. They can only create a separate, linked Quote issue that they are assigned to.

0 votes
Consulente Atlassian March 21, 2022

ciao @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  

I am trying to do set issue security based on a custom field. I have a custom field that is called Assignment Group. It is a custom field of type Group Picker from Jira. When an issue transits from To Do to In Progress I want to put a post-function in the workflow so that the issue takes the security level equal to the value of the Group Picker. There are three security levels: level-1, level-2 and level-3. The Assignee Groups are three and they are called in the same way: level-1, level-2 and level-3. I do not know how Script Runner can copy the value of the Assignee Group field and put it in the Issue Security Level field. Can anyone help me ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events