customer onboarding tracking

Ana-Rita Silva July 16, 2021

Hi There, 

Our customer onboarding involves a highly cross-functional team. 

Each team is in their own Jira project where they complete their tasks required for a particular customer. This work is setup by cloning a templated ticket in each project. The customer is assigned at the field level.  

I haven't found an elegant way to track all tasks contributing to a customers launch. Some of the tasks in one project are dependent on tasks in another. 

My ideal scenario here would be to have a timeline view across all of these projects that I could customize to display tasks in a certain order and that would auto-update. Additionally, when setting up a new customer, I'd like to have these tickets populate in the same configuration every time. 

Any suggestions here ? 

2 answers

1 vote
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2021

Hello @Ana-Rita Silva 

To cover your needs you can try and use some of the apps which can be found on the Marketplace, which adds the ability to create your own WBS of your tasks as well as a timeline view- for example BigGantt (simple yet powerful Gantt chart), or BigPicture (Gantt + variety of other powerful modules like Board/Resources etc), products developed by SoftwarePlant (the company I am also a part of).

With this, you can easily create the hierarchy of your tasks from single/multiple Jira projects, and also decide how the tasks should be organized:

Gantt module.png

Regards,

Adam

0 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

Hi @Ana-Rita Silva

I am working for Apwide, the editor of the Time Squad Jira App.

The App allows you to create very flexible multi-project Timelines that you can share easily with your stakeholders.

timeline.png

Events layout can be customized to your needs, showing Jira/custom fields.
Please note that you will not be able to display links/dependencies between your issues.

Works with Jira Server/DC/Cloud, happy to assist if you have any questions.

Cheers,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events