create automation rule for transition which makes other field mandatory

Zeashan_Tayyab July 14, 2020

Guys help me to understand how i will create below mentioned rule:

When user change the status from "Open" to "Reject", system should make the "Resolution" field mandatory and if there is already a value in "Resolution" field then system force user to change the "Resolution" field value.

So basically while changing the status i want to have two condition on "Resolution" field

1. if there is no value, it should be mandatory 

2. if there is already a value then system should ask to change the value of this field

Please help. Thanks. 

2 answers

0 votes
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2020

Hi @Zeashan_Tayyab ,

As David has mentioned this isn't possible with Jira Automation. 

At best you could create a rule to alert someone when a field isn't set.

Thanks,
John

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2020

Hi,

you cannot achieve that with Jira Automation, as it doesn't provide workflow validators. However, you can achieve this with other apps such as JMWE, ScriptRunner, JSU, etc.

With JMWE, you could use a "Fields Required Validator (JMWE app)" to make the Resolution field mandatory (if you removed the "required" option from the Field Configuration Scheme) _and_ a "Field has been modified Validator (JMWE app)" to force the user to change the value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events