Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

check confluence account status in ConfiForms

I am collecting inputs and assign them to users stored in another form. If a user in that form is no longer active, I'll prevent new entries being entered that'd be assigned to him/her.

On a confluence page you just type "@..." to see if anything comes up. Does anyone know if it's possible to check this in ConfiForms? 

1 answer

1 accepted

User (and multi-user) fields in ConfiForms use the same API as user mentions and provide the same result

Also it might be a good idea to check if the user (username value) is in security group - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions 

• userInSecurityGroup

• securityGroupHas

This can be done by using the https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Field+Definition+Rules#ConfiFormsFieldDefinitionRules-Validationrule 

Alex 

Hi Alex.

How does the first method work?

My working table has a smart classifier that reads a source table which contains a column of users. Once a selection is made, I copy the user in that column into a json and call the jira api. So if the user is invalid, jira fails.

I tried to copy the user from the source table into my current table using a field definition rule:

Assignee=[entry.MyClassifier.User]

I was hoping that this would be unsuccessful if user is not valid. But the field Assignee is blindly populated as the classifier is picked. I guess option 2 could have worked as a condition in the field definition rule but we don't use security groups.

Thanks,
JC

Add validation rule and condition that checks in the user you have registered in the table/form is still in the Confluence group (in the rule you define a "failing condition") Here, I am checking if the user is in confluence-users group (actually NOT in the group)

MyClassifier.User.userInSecurityGroup(confluence-users):false

Alex 

Hi Alex,

This wouldn't work since we do not have confluence security groups.

BTW, where can I read more about these security groups?

Thanks,
JC

Hard to believe... how do you manage permissions and restrictions if you are not using user security groups!?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf59/add-users-and-set-permissions-792498553.html 

Alex

Alex,

We do have user groups but I wasn't sure if it's the same as what you call user security group.

Anyway, your condition worked. I was using the following and it doesn't work:

[entry.MyClassifier.User].userInSecurityGroup(confluence-users):false

When is "[entry" needed?

Thanks,
JC

"[entry" is needed when you want to retrieve the value of a field or evaluate expression

somefield:[entry.anotherfield]

Makes sense as you check the field  somefield against the value in "anotherfield"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🤺 Atlympic Event: Partnerships

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

149 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you