can't add file to ftp

stebadmitriy March 11, 2019

I connected a local ftp server to the archer c3200. When you try to add a file, it fails. I can not delete the file, add, rename

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

It sounds like your ftp server is not configured to let you do that, or the account you are used does not have the right permissions.

You'll need to take a look at your ftp server.

stebadmitriy March 11, 2019

I can read, write any file with other FTP-client (example, Total Commander). I tried work with FTP-server from my phone (app. FTPCafe) and I can do it in active or passive modes. However I can't do it in confluence

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2019

Confluence doesn't have any ftp functions, and the App you've mentioned does not add any.  So you'll need to explain why you think it should be able to do it?

stebadmitriy March 12, 2019

You are wrong. App Microsoft Office App for Confluence by ikuTeam can connect to ftp-server.

image.pngimage.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

Ah, sorry, I thought it was a different app. 

So, if it can't connect to your ftp server, you've got it set up incorrectly in the ftp settings.

apart from login, pass, ip and port there aren't other parameters

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

So if you go on to the Jira server and try ftp login@ip:port, what error do you get back?

I can connect to FTP-server and I can read office files, but I can't delete/add/rename/edit files. FTP-server i builded on ftp  archer c3200. If I use ftp  on https://uwebweb.com I have opportonuty write and delete files

image.pngimage.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

Could you test the ftp connection from the command line on the Jira server?

Yes, but I don't know haw I can it do

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2019

I am sorry, but that tells us nothing.

If you can test, please do and tell us what the error is.  If you can't test, we are stuck, we can't tell you what is wrong without seeing what the problem is there.

stebadmitriy March 13, 2019

Sorry, but I use Jira cloud

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2019

Ah, ok, well this needs to go to the support for the App then, we can't help you as we can't know what it is doing in the background.

stebadmitriy March 13, 2019

Ok, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events