• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

calculate percentage of non numerical fields in confluence Edited

Hi everyone,

How can I calculate percentage of non numerical fields?

e.g: look at this table

1-Jack         True

2-Daniel      False

3-Andro      False

4-Phile        True

result: 50% True, 50% False

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @me ,

You may try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Wrap you table into the Pivot Table macro and then into the Chart from Table macro (for Server/DC) or use the Table Toolbox macro and use Pivot and Chart inside its body for Cloud:

Mon 2-1.pngGo to the Pivot macro settings and count the number of different statuses:

Mon 2-2.pngAnd visualize the percentage with the help of the Chart from Table macro:

Mon 2-3.png

Hope this may help your case.

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ 

Thank you for your answer, but I have issue with this.

It work perfectly for first column, but when I add column 2 aggregate them with each other.

what I expect:

name.           Status1.            Status2. 

1-Jack         True.                   False

2-Daniel      False.                  True

3-Andro      False.                   True

4-Phile        True.                     False

result:

status1 50% True, 50% False

status2 50% True, 50% False

Any recommendation?

Thanks,

The Pivot Table macro works like a pivot in Excel, so to count and visualize another set of statuses, reuse your original table with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros, wrap your Table Excerpt Include macro in the Pivot Table macro and in the Chart from Table macro and repeat your actions for the Status2 column.

You'll be able to reuse your original table and make different pivots as many times as you need.

To position your result Pie charts neatly on the page, you may use standard Confluence Section and Column macros.

Like me likes this

I try again and again, to do what you mention, but can't get suitable result!

would you please describe with screenshot and more description for add column 2?

Thanks,

Hi @me , so, here is your page in the edit mode:

Sat 1-2.pngWrap your source table in the Table Excerpt macro:

Sat 1-3.pngAnd reuse it twice with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macros (pay attention to the Excerpt name, it shouldn't be misspelled):

Sat 1-4.pngThen go to the first Table Toolbox macro and wrap your Excerpt Include macro into the Pivot macro and then into the Chart from Table macro. Here we will visualize our Status 1:

Sat 1-5.pngSat 1-6.pngSat 1-7.pngSat 1-8.pngNow go to the second Table Toolbox macro and repeat all the actions but for the Status 2 column:

Sat 1-9.pngSat 1-10.pngAs a result, your published page will look as on the screenshot below:

Sat 1-1.pngHope that I've cleared the algorithm for you.

Like # people like this

Thank you so much, this is what I exactly want, and I don't use excerpt table correctly,

Now problem solved. :)

Thanks,

0 votes

You will need to write code to do that.

I would do it with a user macro, one that expects your raw data for the table as the input body, does the calculation and then outputs something that you could wrap a table macro around.

would you please share your macro?

Thanks,

The stuff I wrote was for a different purpose, and not really applicable here.  It also belongs to a client.

Is it possible modify your code that work on simple example like I mention earlier and post it here?

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

16 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you