calculate percentage of non numerical fields in confluence

me January 1, 2021

Hi everyone,

How can I calculate percentage of non numerical fields?

e.g: look at this table

1-Jack         True

2-Daniel      False

3-Andro      False

4-Phile        True

result: 50% True, 50% False

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @me ,

You may try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Wrap you table into the Pivot Table macro and then into the Chart from Table macro (for Server/DC) or use the Table Toolbox macro and use Pivot and Chart inside its body for Cloud:

Mon 2-1.pngGo to the Pivot macro settings and count the number of different statuses:

Mon 2-2.pngAnd visualize the percentage with the help of the Chart from Table macro:

Mon 2-3.png

Hope this may help your case.

me January 4, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} 

Thank you for your answer, but I have issue with this.

It work perfectly for first column, but when I add column 2 aggregate them with each other.

what I expect:

name.           Status1.            Status2. 

1-Jack         True.                   False

2-Daniel      False.                  True

3-Andro      False.                   True

4-Phile        True.                     False

result:

status1 50% True, 50% False

status2 50% True, 50% False

Any recommendation?

Thanks,

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

The Pivot Table macro works like a pivot in Excel, so to count and visualize another set of statuses, reuse your original table with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros, wrap your Table Excerpt Include macro in the Pivot Table macro and in the Chart from Table macro and repeat your actions for the Status2 column.

You'll be able to reuse your original table and make different pivots as many times as you need.

To position your result Pie charts neatly on the page, you may use standard Confluence Section and Column macros.

Like me likes this
me January 16, 2021

I try again and again, to do what you mention, but can't get suitable result!

would you please describe with screenshot and more description for add column 2?

Thanks,

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2021

Hi @me , so, here is your page in the edit mode:

Sat 1-2.pngWrap your source table in the Table Excerpt macro:

Sat 1-3.pngAnd reuse it twice with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macros (pay attention to the Excerpt name, it shouldn't be misspelled):

Sat 1-4.pngThen go to the first Table Toolbox macro and wrap your Excerpt Include macro into the Pivot macro and then into the Chart from Table macro. Here we will visualize our Status 1:

Sat 1-5.pngSat 1-6.pngSat 1-7.pngSat 1-8.pngNow go to the second Table Toolbox macro and repeat all the actions but for the Status 2 column:

Sat 1-9.pngSat 1-10.pngAs a result, your published page will look as on the screenshot below:

Sat 1-1.pngHope that I've cleared the algorithm for you.

Like # people like this
me January 16, 2021

Thank you so much, this is what I exactly want, and I don't use excerpt table correctly,

Now problem solved. :)

Thanks,

me June 8, 2021

@Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}

After I've done this another challenge appears, here is the scenario:

I have two separate table (table1, table2) on same page,

how can I calculate percentage of "status 1" for "each table separately" and "totally"?

Table1) status1 - 50% true 50% false

Table2) status1 - 50% true 50% false

Total)   status1 - 50% true 50% false

any idea?

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

Hi @me ,

Try the following steps: wrap your tables into the Table Excerpt macros and give a different name to each table.

Thu 5-1.png

Then you'll be able to reuse each table separately and count the status percentage as I've shown in the previous reply.

To count the total status percentage, you need to place (reuse) both of your tables inside the one Table Toolbox macro:

Thu 5-2.png

The next step is to merge your tables into one table using the Table Transformer macro:

Thu 5-3.png

Thu 5-4.png

The remaining steps are well-known to you: aggregate your data and visualize it.

Thu 5-5.png

Thu 5-6.png

By the way, maybe you'll find it interesting to participate into our live Zoom call - we'll be happy to know more about your use cases and ideas as well as show you some extra tips. Please book a suitable time-slot here.

Like me likes this
me June 27, 2021

Table toolbox available for datacenter edition?

Thanks 

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2021

No, the Table Toolbox macro is used only for Confluence Cloud to nest several macros.

If you're on Server/Data Center, just wrap your macros one into another directly on the page: Excerpt Include < Transformer < Pivot < Chart.

me June 28, 2021

not work as expected. I add "Excerpt Include" after that add "Transformer", total number that will show correctly (51items) ,but when I add pivot it will just calculate specific part of it (total is 16 items)!

here is what happen:

I have totally 51 items, 6 tables

table1 (c1=2,c2=1)

table2 (c1=7,c2=1)

table3 (c1=6,c2=1,c3=2)

table4 (c1=7,c2=3,c3=1)

table5 (c1=6,c2=3,c3=2)

table6 (c1=5,c2=3,c3=1)

Result: (total 16 items with below percentage):

6 category1 37.5%
6 category2 37.5%
4 category3 25%

Excepted result (total 51 items with below percentage):

33 category1  64.70%
12 category2  23.52%
6 category3   11.76%

FYI 1: c1 means category1

FYI 2: head column in all tables are same

Any idea?

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2021

Hi @me ,

It is really strange behavior if everything is collected right with the Transformer macro - the Pivot macro doesn't have any limitations (first 16 rows, first 100 rows, etc.).

So, please raise a support ticket for us to investigate your case closely:

• check the version of you addon (the current one is 7.6.1)
  • attach screenshots with the macro settings and preview
  • attach Page Storage Format (right upper corner of the page -> ... -> View Storage Format).

Thanks!

me June 29, 2021

Hi

I use 7.6.1

ticket submitted TFCS-431

Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

You will need to write code to do that.

I would do it with a user macro, one that expects your raw data for the table as the input body, does the calculation and then outputs something that you could wrap a table macro around.

me January 2, 2021

would you please share your macro?

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

The stuff I wrote was for a different purpose, and not really applicable here.  It also belongs to a client.

me January 3, 2021

Is it possible modify your code that work on simple example like I mention earlier and post it here?

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events