bulk export of all tests in csv created by XRay

Lan Chen May 15, 2017

Hi,

We're trying XRay to manage Test Cases in JIRA. We need export all the test with steps for client to review in excel or csv format. I tried Xporter but don't see the neat way. 

Suggestion?

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
Sabina Sharieff July 20, 2020

Please share the template Rui.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

A potential alternative to Xporter that you already tried is the integration between Xray and Better Excel Exporter. It can export the information you mentioned to XLSX, which you can then convert to CSV using Excel, if necessary.

jira-xray-tests-with-test-steps

1 vote
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2017

Hi Lan Chen,

You can get that data using Xporter for JIRA.

Do you need help building your template? What kind of data do you need to get printed?

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

Lan Chen May 22, 2017

Hi, Rui,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried Xporter but don't find the template for exporting in excel format. Basically I'd like to export the Tests with all the fields' values and steps, not nessary to include assoicated issue types or test execution status.

Lan

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2017

Hi Lan,

I've created a sample that contains all steps by each Test.

Here is the sample.

You can use this template in single or multiple issue export.

Try it and give me feedback.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

Lan Chen May 25, 2017

Hi, Rui,

The sample works perfectly, also it helps me to understand the syntax better. I adjusted to include more info I need in the template. I'm all set and happy using XPorter.

Thank you for the help,

Lan

sasipriya shanmugasundaram February 7, 2020

Hi Lan/Rue,

Kindly share me the template to export the test cases from JIRA.

Am struggling to export test cases from xray tool

Thank you in advance

khushboo desai February 10, 2021

Hi,

I am able to find scattered information for my use case but nothing is leading to a finite solution.

Use case: I want to let fellow engineers to import or clone my test plan such that

1. it imports/clones all the details attached to the test plan like summary, description, environment, versions etc.
  2. and most importantly, all the tests attached to it
    • as well as all the test steps attached within each test
    • and other test-related details

Any leads are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 votes
Rafal_Niedzialkowski January 7, 2020

Hi Rui,

I'm unable to load the 'The sample' You've included. Can You share it again?

BR

Rafal

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2021

Hi @Rafal_Niedzialkowski 

We have released in version 4.1.0 of Xray a new feature called Document Generator, which has several templates that you can use to extract information from Xray.

You may find more details here (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Document+Generator).

One suitable template for the purpose you need is: Xray Offline Test Report

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like Guillaume Pelette likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events