autotransition with comment

Evgeniy Russkikh December 18, 2017

As you know, in Jira Service Desk I can add screen to transition. So in our Resolve transition there is a screen, where we can add comment (resolution text).
This is comfortable because our customer will recieve only one notification (Issue Resolved) that including comment from transition screen.

So problem is:
we are added script (Power Scripts for Jira plugin) which do autotransition and comment. But customer recieve two separate notifications (issue resolved, issue commented).
Is there any way to improve autotransition routine and add a comment parameter. Or somehow else to make it in one step (with only issue resolved event)

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Muse {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

@Evgeniy Russkikh Thanks for opening a support ticket with cPrime. This has been added as a product enhancement and we will try to keep you posted on the status.

Konrad Garus September 21, 2018

Any updates on this?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Hi,

I think you could just  in the post function of the transition which sends issues commented notification , replace it by generic event.

Evgeniy Russkikh December 19, 2017

this transition have postfunction fires Issue Resolved event. Thats correct.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

could you tell me what is the post function in the second transition ?

You didnt understand. There is only one transition - Resolve. It have transition screen, where i can write comment on transaction.

So if Im doing it in Service Desk manually - Resolve + write comment = Only one event fires - Issue Resolved. And my email notification have Resolve template with comment from this transition.

But if im doing transition with SIL script with code like:

addComment(key, "user1", "my comment here");
autotransition("Resolve", key,true,true,true) ;

It fires Issue Commented and Issue Resolved events separately

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Ok where did you exucute this sil script ? in a transition ?

no matter from where, tried different ways. From automation rules, from issue view (Live Fields) etc

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Ok i think that i have understood your problem

could you check you notification scheme ? i think you have enabled notification when issue is commented

yes, and i need it.

You still dont understand what i want. :)

If im doing comment and resolving though servise desk transition screen i have one big email.

If im doint it with scrip i have 2 small. Issue resolved notification havent comment inside his body - thats the problem!

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

OK :)

could you try to customize you mail using send mail routine in power script

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/sendEmail

and disable the issue resolved notification?

nope, i cant disable issue resolved, because we are mostly using JSD interface. SCript is rare

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events