Zephyr for JIRA - traceability - not showing linked Bugs or Tests

SamB October 13, 2020

Looking to use Zephyr for Test Execution

The RTM option is a big win, but can't get the Epic to show the associated Bugs and Tests

Am I doing something wrong?

I've taken screen shot of how I've configured the report

configuring.jpg

screen shot of traceability report output - requirement to defect

requirement - defect.jpg

screen shot of traceability report output - defects to requirement

defect - requirement.jpg

and also a screen shot of my dummy epic showing the linked defects and tests

epic showing linked defects and tests.jpg

4 answers

0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 23, 2020

Hi @SamB 

If you are evaluating a test management tool, then checkout the traceability report offered by AIO Tests for Jira.

If cases have been linked to stories, the traceability report will show the cases information; regardless of defects being raised or not. E.g. in screenshot below, requirement ADP-16 has 2 linked cases – ADP-TC-13 and ADP-TC-58. No defects have been raised against the cases yet.

If defects have been linked to cases while cycle execution, then the defects would also show up. E.g. for epic ADP-1, linked case is ADP-TC-1 and 3 defects (ADP-25, ADP-26 and ADP-27) have been raised in two separate cycle executions (ADP-CY-4 and ADP-CY-1).

Find out more report details here.

image.png

Regards,

AIO Tests Team

0 votes
SamB October 23, 2020

One other thing I was missing in my pulling of the traceability data was Version. This is necessary to extract the information from Zephyr, so if you are using the existing traceability, make sure you have Version selected

0 votes
SamB October 23, 2020

ok so had a session with Zephyr support team who were very helpful

Seems only current options that are available are traceability when Bugs have been raised (Epic - Defect / Defect - Epic)

Currently there is nothing directly from a test case perspective

So I have requested that a new feature be added providing more traditional RTM

As soon as I have the details, I will add here so that people can vote. The more popular it is, the more likely it will be for this to be added... Watch this space!!

0 votes
SamB October 14, 2020

I have submitted ticket to Zephyr (https://www.getzephyr.com/support (submit a ticket) ) and will respond here with their update

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events