Zephyr for JIRA: fields from Zephyr to be displayed in JIRA

Systems Administrator March 6, 2013

Hi Support.

We are currently trialling the Zephyr plugin within our test team.

We would like to be able to use Zephyr fields to extract reports in JIRA.

Fields like Execution Date, Cycle, Execution Status: Pass/Fail, Test Steps cannot be used to create filters in JIRA.

Kindly refer to the attached screen shot.

We should be able to use these fields to configure columns while displaying search results in JIRA or creating a filter

20 answers

0 votes
Vamshi Korde January 31, 2020

can you please email me those scripts?

vamshi57@gmail.com

0 votes
Damian Egli August 9, 2015

has anyone received thoes scripts? I didn't...

0 votes
Steve Harlington July 30, 2015

Could you please email me your scripts. Thanks

steve.harlington@gmail.com

0 votes
Ricardo Franco Custodio May 12, 2015

Could you please send us your scripts as well, too? We'd really appreciate it! Many thanks,

ricardo.leite@eldorado.org.br

ricardo.custodio@eldorado.org.br

0 votes
W February 17, 2015

Hi @Ian Mayoh, 

Could you please send me your scripts as well? I'd really appreciate it! Many thanks,

Win

ptontiger13@gmail.com

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Hello,

Since the inception of this question, we have introduced the ZQL functionality to Zephyr for JIRA. This acts similar to JQL in that a user builds queries to view specific information in JIRA. With ZQL, you can generate a list of test executions that can then be exported from the ZQL page like in JIRA's JQL page.

We hope this satisfies some of the needs out community has requested but please do keep the feedback coming!

Regards,

Daniel

0 votes
MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM January 2, 2015

Hi Ian, would you please send me your scripts as well?  rfilipe@meditech.com

0 votes
asdas dasdasd November 4, 2013

HI , can you please send me the scripts, rlukacs@riasolutionsgroup.com , thanks :)

0 votes
Liz Niada October 17, 2013

Hi, can you advise if any of these will be in the next release, and if not, if and when they can be introduced, as they are big areas of concern for my company:

• When updating a test title or description, as with normal Jira tickets, it will save the changed from and to details in the Activity area. However, if you amend test steps, it won't. If you have a test set up in a cycle, and have executed it numerous times, any update to a test step will then update every single previously executed record, and there is no visibility of when it changed, and what it previously showed, and ensure it doesn't then update all the previously executed records.
  • Test cycles don't seem to have any specific order - alphabetical for example. Cntl / F can be used, but when you are trying to link a ticket to a test cycle, that can't help. Please include some kind of ordering.
  • Ability to clone a test step, rather than simply copy & paste each component separately.
  • Ability to drag multiple test steps from the bottom up, rather than one at a time.

Thanks very much.

Liz

0 votes
Anne Stern September 11, 2013

That's great news, Chris. Thank you for the update.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

Hello,

Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 will be coming out in the next month or so and will be adding a lot of new features. Keep an eye on this one particularly.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Rachael Filipe July 9, 2014

Adding JIRA queries for Zephyr features doesn't look like it was part of 2.0. Do you have any additional information on queries for reporting on Zephyr information?

Beau Moore January 14, 2015

?

0 votes
Rob Gates September 1, 2013

Would love those scripts too - robertgates55@gmail.com

Thanks,

Rob

0 votes
Anne Stern August 29, 2013

@Ian Mayoh -

May I also please use your scripts? My email is anne.stern@xoom.com . Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Navin Nakrani July 10, 2013

Hi,

I would also like to have a look at those scripts as it would be better then what is available now.

navin.nakrani@netcall.com

0 votes
Tomas O'Flaherty May 21, 2013

Hi,
I would also like to see those scripts as I want to write some reports for display in confluence that go across JIRA, GreenHopper and Zephyr -- tomas.oflaherty@csgi.com

I have some but I'm particularly interested in

a) Output of hyperlink content

b) Output of test steps into a table similar to the one extracted to excel

0 votes
Ed April 22, 2013

I'd be very interested as well. mcculloe@amazon.com

0 votes
Karen DuBrucq March 26, 2013

I'd love to have your scripts - karen.dubrucq@certara.com

thanks

0 votes
Ian Mayoh March 25, 2013

By the way, I have got so fed up with this that I have investigated the structure of the JIRA databases and specifically the tables added via the Zephyr plugin. While I am no SQL expert, I have managed to put together some scripts that pull out most of the info you might want re test cases. if anyone wants me to email them I can do so. But you would have to bear in mind (a) they are a work in progress and (b) there is DEFINITELY no support or consultancy.

Pascal Steiner August 5, 2013

Could you also send me your scripts please? p.steiner@ainet.at

Thanks in advance!

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2013

Could you also send me your scripts please? kenp11@juno.com

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer Davis February 7, 2014

We need those scripts as well please. We're pretty handy with SQL so we can make sure it does what we want. jennifer@cytobank.org

Damian Egli October 1, 2014

thanks in advance for the scripts: damian.egli@gmail.com

Damian Egli January 14, 2015

sorry,but I did not receive any mail. So would it be possible to resend the scripts? thx.

Anupreet_Kaur June 15, 2020

@Ian Mayoh 

May I also please use your scripts? My email is anupreetk.makkar@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

Martine Apollon August 21, 2020

HI there!  This would be helpful. May I also please use your scripts? My email is martineapollon@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Karen DuBrucq March 24, 2013

This is a must in my opinion. I have been struggling to get the info out of Zephyr that I need and have not been very successful. Having the ability to customize views, like you can in JIRA, would help tremendously.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Currently this exact feature set isn't available, and would require Zephyr and Atlassian to work together to make it happen.

The Zephyr for JIRA plugin is an Add-On to JIRA. And all Add-Ons to JIRA sit in specific spaces within JIRA that they are allowed to work within. They aren't allowed to change any native JIRA functionality.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Ian Mayoh March 25, 2013

The lack of ability to search via issue navigator in JIRA for info on Zephyr test cases is a major pain in the seating area! I have added comments on this to a couple of questions/answers in Atlassian Answers and read many more and the answers have been: "this isn't available but we will consider it ....". I have just raised a related issue via Atlassian support and they palmed it off to Zephyr - haven't had a response from Zephyr yet (just raised today). Chris's answer above is revealing. It is neither a Zephyr nor an Atlassian issue exclusively but would need them to work together. Any chance of that happening? I don't suppose Atlassian see this as criticla to their sales. From what I have read, there are some disgruntled purchasers of Zephyr out there ... and Atlassian take note, some of whom only purchased JIRA as opposed to others because it gives a built-in test case tool. Reading comments like this may potentially affect the sales of both of your products so get your act together!

Like Majo likes this
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Gents,

Zephyr is currently working on a feature to make data queriable. At this point I can't offer any more details, but work is underway.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events