Zephyr: clone/copy a Custom Field to another Custom Field in Test Cases

Kenneth King July 1, 2022

In Zephyr, within a Project, we have three Custom Fields  for Test Cases that we want to be filled with an identical list of features being tested (Custom Fields: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary). These are for tags to identify which features (the list) are being tested (Primary: the feature under test, Secondary: feature with a significant interaction with another feature, Tertiary: feature with a minor interaction with another feature). The feature list is identical for each of the three Custom Fields.

The Primary field has been completely filled out, but the other two are presently empty. I don't want to have to type all of that in again. Is there a way to clone (or copy) the Primary custom field and plug it into the Secondary field and then do the same for the Tertiary field?

While there is another question with a similar title, it doesn't appear to be what I am trying to do. It appears to be copying something from Jira into Zephyr - I want to take a list from one custom field in Zephyr and clone/copy the contents into another Custom Field in Zephyr.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kenneth King July 1, 2022

Sorry, wrong company. How do I delete this embarrassment? Haha! I presumed that it was part of Jira. Can you tell I'm a noob to the product?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events