Zephyr - How do I manually install the add-on into JIRA?

Alex M May 1, 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to manually install the Zephyr add-on into JIRA, however, I was not successfull yet.

My approach was the following

Installed Zephyr through the market place (in another JIRA instance), got the je-2.2.1.jar file from "jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins" (also tryied to copy the file je-2.2.1_1398780179000.jar to "jira/home/plugins/.osgi-plugins/transformed-plugins", these where the only two files I was able to find that had a connection to the zephyr plugin) and copied it to the testing JIRA interface (same folder). Restarted JIRA, navigated to the Manage add-ons section (Zephyr plugin was disabled) applied a trial licence (that was valid) and tried to enable the plugin. However, got the message saying: "This add-on failed to enable. Your license may be invalid. Refer to the logs for more information."

Exploring the log files I found that when I try to activate the plugin (as described in the last sentence) I get this error:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2014-05-02 10:31:55,635 http-bio-2990-exec-6 ERROR admin 631x2496x1 1vdnzfg 127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.thed.zephyr.je-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable: com.thed.zephyr.je

Before that, when I'm starting my testing JIRA instance I get the following errors:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.thed.zephyr.je
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:483)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:273)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:116)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enable(PluginEnabler.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:809)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:245)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:81)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:684)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.startJIRA(ComponentManager.java:216)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.quickStart(ComponentManager.java:210)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:195)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.PluginSystemLauncher.start(PluginSystemLauncher.java:23)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:126)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:315)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:209)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:114)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:30)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:77)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:34)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:72)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:54)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4887)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5381)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1654)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.thed.zephyr.je [145]: Unable to resolve 145.0: missing requirement [145.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.plugin)(version>=2.2.0))
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1709)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:892)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:459)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   ... 33 more

And later on, this error:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ___ FAILED PLUGIN REPORT _____________________
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 1 plugin failed to load during JIRA startup.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	'com.thed.zephyr.je' - 'Zephyr for JIRA'  failed to load.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 		Cannot start plugin: com.thed.zephyr.je
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 			Unresolved constraint in bundle com.thed.zephyr.je [145]: Unable to resolve 145.0: missing requirement [145.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.plugin)(version>=2.2.0))
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 		It was loaded from /tmp/jiraExportImport/target/jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins/je-2.2.1.jar

My JIRA version is 6.1.5 (upm version 2.13.3), the Zephyr plugin version is 2.2.1. If I install the plugin throught the marketplace everything seems to be working fine. Additionally, if I try to install it using a .obr file it works too.

Is there a way to manually install obr files?

I'm trying to set up a testing environment automatically that needs to have the Zephyr and some other plugins installed, however, Zephyr is the only one I'm not being able to install.

Does anyone have any thought about this?

Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sales May 1, 2014

Fix:

Download the .obr file from Zephyr webpage (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je) extract both "je-2.2.1.jar" and "plugin-license-storage-plugin-2.2.4.jar" files into the "(...)jira/home/plugins/installed-plugins" folder then restart JIRA. You'll just need to add a licence and it's done!

praseeda.sankarankutty March 6, 2020

Hi, faced the same issue. I downloaded the .OBR. Though download was completed, there was nothing to extract. I uploaded the app, was able to view it under Manage apps then applied the license successfully, but just not able to view the Zephyr when I restart the JIRA...please note, the url for my JIRA starts as localhost:

All my trial time is taken up in installing and enabling this one app..very frustrating..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events