Zephyr For Jira - Notify tester of assigned test

Matija Bosnić November 26, 2020

After I create a test case, create a new test cycle, and add a test to the test cycle, I wish to notify a tester that a new test should be executed. I assign the test to a tester, however he is never notified. No e-mail, no notification... nothing. 

Ok. That doesn't work, I'll just assign him the test to his Jira task... nope. You can't link a test to a Jira task.

Ok. I'll just add a link in a field.... nope, that doesn't work either. 

So, my question is how am I supposed to notify testers of new tests that need to be executed?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matija Bosnić November 27, 2020

Only way I found how to create a link is to click the E icon under Actions column in Cycle Summary. This opens a page with a link that I can send to my testers. 

1 vote
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

@Matija Bosnić ,

The notification can only be trigged at issue level when the test is assigned to someone. This is mainly because the email triggering feature is mostly controlled by JIRA for it's core features. As a plugin vendor, zephyr will not be able to use the email for zephyr's functional area. As the test itself is a issue inside JIRA the issue level features applies to Test.

The user can only be notified at the test level assignment for now.

-Bibek

Matija Bosnić November 27, 2020

Thank you @Bibek Behera 

unfortunately this didn't help me on how to notify my testers.  Below is how I plan to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events