• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Zephyr For Jira - Notify tester of assigned test

After I create a test case, create a new test cycle, and add a test to the test cycle, I wish to notify a tester that a new test should be executed. I assign the test to a tester, however he is never notified. No e-mail, no notification... nothing. 

Ok. That doesn't work, I'll just assign him the test to his Jira task... nope. You can't link a test to a Jira task.

Ok. I'll just add a link in a field.... nope, that doesn't work either. 

So, my question is how am I supposed to notify testers of new tests that need to be executed?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Only way I found how to create a link is to click the E icon under Actions column in Cycle Summary. This opens a page with a link that I can send to my testers. 

1 vote
Bibek Behera Community Leader Nov 26, 2020

@Matija Bosnić ,

The notification can only be trigged at issue level when the test is assigned to someone. This is mainly because the email triggering feature is mostly controlled by JIRA for it's core features. As a plugin vendor, zephyr will not be able to use the email for zephyr's functional area. As the test itself is a issue inside JIRA the issue level features applies to Test.

The user can only be notified at the test level assignment for now.

-Bibek

Thank you @Bibek Behera 

unfortunately this didn't help me on how to notify my testers.  Below is how I plan to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

58 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you