Xray: automate issue status during test execution lifecycle

Richard Phillips October 11, 2019

Hi All,

I'm evaluating Xray, I notice that when I run a Test Execution through its lifecycle, the overall Jira issue status remains at "TO DO", even when the Test Execution has reached "PASSED" internally.

When I've completed a Test Execution, I want the Jira issue to show as e.g. Passed/Failed (I've set up a workflow to support this for Text Execution issue type) in the (Jira) Issue Navigator - can this be automated?

Thanks,

Richard.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2019

Hi Richard, 

Unfortunately, yes you are correct, the workflow automation is not available on Xray Cloud, it is a Server feature. 

Best Regards,

Team Xray

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2019

Hi Richard, 

What can be configured is this:

image-2019-10-24-16-29-00-951.png

For more questions, please contact us through our Support Portal.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Richard Phillips October 31, 2019

Hi Jose,

I don't think that option is available to me - I didn't mention that I am using the Cloud version, I understand that this isn't possible with the Cloud version?

I'm working around this issue now, hopefully it won't be a massive problem for us, just a minor irritation!

Regards,

Richard.

Thanga Puthuraja March 11, 2021

hi Philips

I am facing the same issue. did you find any solution for this . if yes please do share the solution,

Richard Phillips March 12, 2021

Hi Thanga, it's a long time ago now so my memory isn't reliable, but I'm afraid I didn't find a solution, just learned to live with it...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events