Xray Test Run Status Configuration

Anna Ludwig August 15, 2018

Hey, 

we are currently struggling with our xray configuration. 

Our goal is, to have a test repository where we can choose specific test cases from. Our problem is, that we use test cases in multiple fix versions. 

For documentation purposes we need to be able to querythe specific fix version of a test run. 

(e.g. test001 is in 18-3 and 18-4, when we search for all the tests in 18-4 the status of this test should be displayed, if we search for tests in 18-3 the status should be displayed as well, and only the status the test had in 18-3, not the one in 18-4) 

so far, none of the 3 options for the test run status field worked.

Does someone here have an idea on how to achieve this? 

Best Regards, 

Anna

2 answers

0 votes
Anna Ludwig August 21, 2018

Hey José, 

thanks for your reply, I think I described the problem wrong. 

I have a test used in Release 18-0 and 18-9 (the newest release) 

In 18-0 the test run status is still on "to-do" in 18-9 it is "passed". When searching for the test run status of the test (in the test execution) not the last status "passed" is displayed, but the 18-0 to do. How can I configure Xray to show me the "passed" status and not the "to-do"?

Best regards, 

Anna

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 21, 2018

Hi Anna,

Each Test Execution is executed against some specific version and you can only have the same Test once in a given Test Execution. A Test Execution represents a task for running a bunch of tests against some version of the application/system under test.

In your use case, probably you have two Test Executions, one for Release 18-0 and another one for Release 18-9.

In each Test Execution you'll see the results that you recorded in that Test Execution, that was aimed for some specific version.

Thus, in one Test Execution you cannot see the results that you recorded in another Test Execution.

If you want to show, for example, the latest result, independently of it being in another Test Execution, you can include the TestRunStatus field in the columns related to the Tests shown in the Test Execution.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Anna Ludwig August 21, 2018

Hey José, 

My problem is, the TestRunStatus Field. I know it is calculated but instead of showing the last status passed, it shows the to do from 18-0. 

I need to configure a way, that the last test run is the final TestRunStatus. 

Best regards, 

Anna

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2018

Hi Anna,

Please check your configuration of the TestRunStatus custom field in the Custom Fields Preferences settings:

https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Custom+Fields+Preferences#CustomFieldsPreferences-TestRunStatusCustomFieldVersions

In your case, maybe the "No Version" would be the preferred setting; it means that it will show you the status for the latest results, completely ignoring fixversions.

If you have further questions or need further clarification, please reach our support team here: https://jira.xpand-addons.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 

Best regards,

Xray Team

Like Confluence Bot likes this
0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
August 21, 2018

Hi Anna,

If you're using Test Plans, which may be the appropriate way to have an high-level overview of your planning, you can use them as the basis for searching.

Then it would be straightforward to use the testPlanTests() JQL function to obtain Tests that belong to that Test Plan that are in some given consolidated status. 
https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL

You can also track the status directly within the Test Plan or inside the Board of some existing Test Plan.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events