Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Xray - Re-use or add the same test in a Test Execution

I would like to know how can i reuse/add the same test more than once test in a Xray Test Execution?

I'm developing tests Automation and have my tests as follow(BDD -Cucumber style):

- Test1

- Test2

- Test3

I would like to set up a "Test Execution" and add my tests in sequence as follow:

1-Test1

2-Test2

3-Test1

4-Test3

etc...

and use that "Test Execution" for Automation. But when I try to add a second time the Test1 to the "Test Execution", the test is ignored and not added. 

Can someone help me ?

BR 

1 answer

Hi @Timothée Gerrits 

By design, Xray does not have a feature to allow duplication of Test cases in Test Executions.

Currently, an alternative would be to clone the Test cases you need to repeat.

Also, Xray has a feature since version 6.0 to support modular Tests by allowing testers to compose Tests that "call" other Test cases from Manual Test Steps. Using this feature, you can create other Test cases that will call the original one, repeating the test this way.

Please get in touch with Xray Support if you need further help.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: Fine Software

Happy New Year, everybody! What better way to kick off 2022 than with a new Marketplace Partner Spotlight ✨ This month, we're getting to know Daniel Franz, co-founder of Fine Software. Fine Software ...

413 views 2 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you