Xray - Re-use or add the same test in a Test Execution

GERRITS Timothée December 10, 2021

I would like to know how can i reuse/add the same test more than once test in a Xray Test Execution?

I'm developing tests Automation and have my tests as follow(BDD -Cucumber style):

- Test1

- Test2

- Test3

I would like to set up a "Test Execution" and add my tests in sequence as follow:

1-Test1

2-Test2

3-Test1

4-Test3

etc...

and use that "Test Execution" for Automation. But when I try to add a second time the Test1 to the "Test Execution", the test is ignored and not added. 

Can someone help me ?

BR 

2 answers

1 vote
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @GERRITS Timothée 

By design, Xray does not have a feature to allow duplication of Test cases in Test Executions.

Currently, an alternative would be to clone the Test cases you need to repeat.

Also, Xray has a feature since version 6.0 to support modular Tests by allowing testers to compose Tests that "call" other Test cases from Manual Test Steps. Using this feature, you can create other Test cases that will call the original one, repeating the test this way.

Please get in touch with Xray Support if you need further help.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

refka February 1, 2022

Thanks for your answer 

if I understand correctly we will have to upgrade XRAY to the version 6.0 to have modular tests.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi @refka 

Yes, since this feature was only released in version 6.0.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
refka February 1, 2022

Hi 

I want configurate the modular tests on our XRAY 

actuelly we can not call Test (the call test is not activate in Add steps )

we haven't a drop down liste for button add steps 

how i can configure the call test from add steps please ?

Thanks for you answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events