Xporter - Parse multiline field

Tomy July 28, 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to parse multiline field data from an x-ray test, but with no success. Data column is filled with following pattern for one test step :

req1

req2

req3

I tried to use split / exec / match on the content of the data field with endline separator, but I didn't manage to loop over array in order to retrieve details separatly.

#{for i=JQLIssuesCount|clause= issuetype = Test AND key = EVAL-218 }

#{for r=JQLIssues[i].TestStepsCount}

${set(tab, %{‘${escape:JQLIssues[i].TestSteps[r].Data}’.match(/[^\r\n]+/g)})}

// What is the relevant way to loop over ${tab} ?

#{end}

#{end}

Is there a way to loop over a split array and display content individually ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Tomy 

I haven't fully understood what you want to do, however here are some insights that might help.

First, in Xporter, the Javascript code is run embedded under the %{....}, and it does not affect other Javascript code. When there is a %{....} is like calling a subroutine that returns an output.

However it is still possible to make some interesting code, like the one below:

${set(tab, %{var final=""; var steps='${escape:JQLIssues[i].TestSteps[r].Data}'.split('\n'); for (var x=0; i < steps.length; x++) final=final.concat('\t', steps[x]); final})}

In this Javascript it splits the information of Data into an array, then it iterates over the array to build a string of values separeted by tabs, and it returns this output string. Please note that the output must be a simple datatype, like a string or a number.

After, you can add another Javascript line to process the Xporter variable ${tab}. However, and again, it would be processed in a subroutine approach, so it is not possible to iterate over the variable ${tab} like you do for the TestSteps (or other Xray information).

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events