Xporter - Access user properties

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2017

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access user properties in an export in Xporter for JIRA? Has anyone got any workarounds? I'm mostly looking to get contact details/office locations of user properties already synced from AD.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes January 30, 2018

Actually, @JimmyVanAU the only info of logged user you can export is Display Name, Username and Email Address.
However, I've created a new issue on our backlog in order to satisfy your needs. You can watch and vote for it here.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2018

Hi @Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes, that's great! Thanks for that.

Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes February 5, 2018

You're welcome. 

0 votes
Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes January 29, 2018

Hi Jimmy,

Is possible to get some info about users if that user is the assignee or the reporter of an issue.
The info we can export is: id, username, display name, email and groups to which the user belongs.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2018

Hi @Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes, thanks so much for following up!

I'm actually after information about the logged in user, if they were the one exporting the document.

The information I'm referring to is available at:

/secure/admin/user/ViewUser.jspa?name=admin

Properties can be edited at:

/secure/admin/user/EditUserProperties.jspa?name=admin

Screenshots below.

111.png1111.png2222.png

I'd be looking to put them in a document, so I can say

${User.phone}, or some similar notation, and in the document it would be substituted with 123456789

Hope that explains what I'm after.

Mafalda de Azevedo Mendes January 30, 2018

Hi again @JimmyVanAU,

Let's see if now I understood the question.

Xporter can choose which mapping it should be printed if you define mappings inside a javascript filter.
However, on the latest JEditor version, you could simply use $

{html:fieldname}

and if the field contains wiki, it will be rendered.

Is that it?

Ye Fung Tchen January 13, 2021

@JimmyVanAU did you found a solution for your case? I'm working on the same right now.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

Hi @Ye Fung Tchen ,

I didn't unfortunately. I think in this case I worked around it. I only had several users that needed their details exported (was for authorisation document), so I hardcoded values using if blocks.

If userA, export signature block A.

If userB, export signature block B.

Can see you have voted on the issue above :)

Good luck!

0 votes
Nuno Silva September 28, 2017

Hey Jimmy,

I didn´t quite understand your question, do you want a way to export info related to a JIRA User? When I say info, I mean, for example, the user full name.

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2018

Hi @Nuno Silva, sorry I didn't see this until now. I wanted to export properties set against each user; see the screenshots in the reply below.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events